To succeed in an online course, you should:
- Be willing and able to spend 6 to 9 hours per week working on each 3-credit hour course you take.
- Log into your course several times every week. If you fall behind, it will be hard to catch up.
- Manage your time wisely. For example, set aside specific times to work on your online course materials, and create a "to do" list of items to complete each week.
- Read everything carefully. Course announcements, emails, and instructions all contain important information that you need to know in order to do well in the course.
- Give yourself ample time to think about what you write in an email or post to a discussion board.
- Avoid waiting until the last minute to submit assignments or take quizzes/tests online. If you experience technical difficulties right at the deadline, there won't be time to fix them.
- Know how to access a secondary computer system if your primary computer or mobile device fails. (Examples: The on-campus computer labs or the local library.)
- Contact the eCampus Help Desk at 972-669-6402 or 1-866-374-7169 if a technical glitch occurs.
- Keep a backup of all submitted assignments.
- Let your instructor know if you’re having a problem, or if you have any questions about your course.