You will need a laptop or desktop with reliable Internet access to complete this class: you will not be able to complete your studies using only a tablet or mobile device.
At the start of this class we expect you to be able to do the following:
- Write and edit word processed documents
- Send and receive district email
- Search for and navigate information available on the Internet
- Download files and use online forums
You should also be aware of the essentials of computer security to keep your data and personal information safe.
Available Downloads to be able to Access Course Content
Before you can work with the materials for this course you need to make sure that your browser can read PDF files. If you try to open any of the PDF links or files and get an error, please go to Adobe to download the latest version of Acrobat Reader. If you are using a mobile device, you will need to have one of the apps that are able to read PDF files. Please refer to the app store for your mobile device to find one that suits your needs. Once you are certain that your computer or mobile device can read PDF files, please refer to this link to see if your browser is supported by our system: Check Your Browser.
Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) files
To open and view Microsoft files, such as .docx, .xlsx, .pptx, log into your Microsoft Office 365 School Account or use the Microsoft mobile apps.
Several plug-ins and media players might be required to utilize course materials. It is best to ensure you have these items installed on your computer before attempting the lessons. Click the links below to access the free downloads if you do not have these items on your personal computer:
The eCampus servers rarely experience unscheduled down time, but sometimes problems occur. The following guidelines can help you to prepare: avoid trouble before it starts!
- Make sure your file is really attached to assignment upload, email message, or discussion posting.
- To avoid a traffic jam, submit your work at least an hour or more before the deadline.
- Check your email after 24-48 hours for a message saying your work was not received; otherwise assume it was received.
- If you can't submit your assignment via eCampus, stay calm.
- Check for announcements about eCampus problems on the DCCCD Website.
- Contact the Student Help Desk at 972-669-6402, 1-866-374-7169, or Student Technical Support if you are having difficulties with eCampus. If you can't get into eCampus or DCCCD mail, use your Internet or Internet Provider (IP) email such as Google mail or Yahoo. If you can't access the Internet, check for local problems with your Internet Service Provider and try again later.